Cued by Situation, Time, etc.
©2012 Edward G. Rozycki, Ed.D.
TRY THE PROBLEMS FIRST! READ THEORY LATER!*
Fill in the blanks, or not, as appropriate.
Principal Parts of study __________ __studied_
1. You _____________ not yet _____________English.
2. They ____are studying_______English now.
3. They __have been ___________________________English since 1980.
4. If you want my advice, you ___should_______________English, too.
5. He _______________studying _English for a whole year now.
6. I ___was_______________English while my sister was.
7. He __studies___ English everyday.
8. You ____will__________________English tomorrow.
9. I wish he __would_______________English.
10. She _____________English two years ago.
11. We _study ___________English already.
12. If they had enough time, they ________study_____English.
Principal Parts of write __________ _________
1. We _____________a letter already.
2. They ______________________________a letter now
3. He _____________ a letter everyday.
4. I wish he _______________________a letter yesterday.
5. He ______________________a letter for a whole year now.
6. I ______________________a letter while my sister was.
7. You _____________ not yet _____________a letter.
8. You ______________________________a letter tomorrow.
9. She _____________a letter two years ago.
10. They ________________________________________a letter since 1980.
11. If you want my advice, you _________________________a letter, too.
12. If they had enough time, they _________________________a letter.
*CAN'T HANDLE THE ERRORS? LOOK UP: principal parts of verbs, tense, mood.